Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
If you are a PPC marketer, you are already an entrepreneur! As such, you are probably always looking for ways to expand, grow, and make more money.
Whether you are just starting or have been doing it for a while, are a freelancer or an in-house PPC marketer, there are several tried and true methods you can use to maximize your money and grow your earning potential.
Here are five essential tactics you can employ today to boost your income to new levels!
1. Affiliate Programs Provided by Digital Marketing Platforms
What is affiliate marketing? Simply put, affiliate marketing is a commission or performance-based system where a business will pay its affiliates for each visitor brought to their site as a direct result of that affiliate’s own efforts.
In other words, as an affiliate marketer, the more traffic you can drive to the company you affiliate for, the more sign-ups that come through you, etc., the more money you make.
In order to make money as an affiliate marketer, the first step is to find platforms that offer affiliate programs. For example, Unbounce, Supermetrics, PPC Protect, and Leadpages are common platforms that offer affiliate marketing programs. These platforms will pay a flat rate or a percentage of the affiliate’s subscription payments.
These percentages range anywhere from 20 to 40%. These commissions can be one-time or recurring, depending on the program, so be sure that you know what you are getting into when you sign up to best estimate the income you will bring in from each program.
Obviously, some affiliate programs pay higher than others. PromoNavi is in the highest pay tiers around, paying 50% of each subscription sale and an additional 30% of sub-affiliate sales. To put that in perspective, let’s say you garner a sale of an Agency Plan. You would be paid $39.5/month, which is 50% of the plan cost, then you would make an additional $23.7/month for any sub-affiliates that your affiliate attracts.
It is quick and surprisingly simple to become an affiliate! All you need to do is create a PromoNavi account and copy the Affiliate program promo code. There is no need to worry about sign-up fees because there are none. Because there is no minimum sales figure to earn a commission, you make money whenever you earn a sale.
So, is affiliate marketing worth your precious time? Let’s take a look at some Pros and Cons.
- There is no real risk involved. You don’t have to invest money; you simply sign up on the platform or platforms of your choice and start driving traffic to make money.
- Passive income is an intelligent way to earn money. Affiliate marketing is an incredible way to build a passive income if you choose programs that offer recurring commissions. This can be built into a significant income that rolls in without any extra effort on your part.
- PPC platforms provide promotional materials for you to help you attract new users.
- If you want to be successful (that is, make a lot of money), you need to have a large audience. A website, a popular blog or podcast, a YouTube channel, anything where many people put their eyes. Outside of having a large platform like that, you would have to be a skilled and experienced affiliate marketer.
- You have to be aware of what you are signing up for. Just like some programs pay differently, some platforms have limitations. Some may limit the promotional channels that you are allowed to use.
- Some may have a cookies’ lifetime that is too low. This is something you should be aware of when you choose a program. To avoid this, using platforms like PromoNavi can be helpful. PromoNavi provides you with an affiliate promo code that does not expire.
2. Google Adsense and Similar Advertising Networks
Do you have a website or blog? If so, you are in a perfect position to make extra money with Google Adsense or other advertising networks. If you have a lot of traffic moving through your site already, you might as well monetize that traffic. This is a way to make more money doing exactly what you have already been doing by simply showing ads.
Of course, before you just jump in, understand that not all advertising network programs are created equal. Google Adsense is undeniably the best known, and with the mega-corporation Google behind it, it is also the best available to date. The only problem that you may run into with Google Adsense is actually getting approved.
So how much can you expect to make with a platform like Google Adsense? People generally add 15-30 cents to their bank accounts for each click. This price can be adjusted, however. For example, if the advertiser’s company belongs to a popular and profitable niche, you can make significantly more, generally somewhere in the range of 3 to 5 dollars per click.
If you are specifically looking for the highest-earning programs, you could check out Media.net. Media.net has ads pulled from the Yahoo and Bing network, allowing you to earn more. The RPM, or revenue per thousand impressions, on a program like Media.net falls somewhere around 10, but always keep in mind that you can earn more depending on the popularity of topics.
Popular, high-earning topics include topics like credit cards, personal finance, and the like. A great example of a top earner is Stephan Graham, a YouTuber who makes well over 1000 dollars a day on average just in ads on YouTube.
If you are looking to truly maximize your RPM, Ezoic could be an option worth exploring. With an RPM of $15, you can supplement your income. Other options to look at include platforms like Skimlinks, Propeller Ads, Mediavine, and AdThrive. Let’s look again at some possible Pros and Cons of advertising networks.
- The process is simple. If you already have a platform that sees a lot of traffic, it is easy to start making money today.
- No matter what level of PC marketing you’re at, you can make money using this.
- You can make a surprising amount of money. With the proper niche, high traffic, or by combining the two, you can make some serious money.
- You need traffic—a lot of it. Typically, sites with less than 500 visitors a day don’t make very much money.
- Each platform is going to have a minimum payout. For example, Google Adsense has a minimum payout of $100.
- Ads can be distracting. Too many ads on your site can take away from the primary purpose of your site. You don’t want to harm the natural flow of your site because people are turned off by your ads.
3. Pay-Per-Click Articles Writing
Have you ever wondered how sites keep a steady stream of new, quality material? Websites will often pay content creators and writers to help them out. Writers would make either a fee or a percentage of ad revenue for every unique individual that opens that writer’s content. If you have a way with words and a command of language, you can make anywhere from a little extra money to pad your pockets, to a complete, livable income writing in this way.
You will have to invest some time into this if you want to make money this way. You will have to assume the role of marketing and sales; You will have to write in a way that makes people want to spend time on your client’s site.
Starting out, don’t expect to make too much money. You could find yourself working for a penny or less per word. Like with anything, enough experience and a powerful portfolio can earn you upwards of 15 cents per word, even in the range of $300-$500 per article. Though it can be time-consuming, it is always helpful to weigh the Pros and Cons.
- You are your own boss. You get to choose the gigs you go out for.
- Writing will also help you develop your skills as a PPC professional!
- If you’ve got the creative itch, this is something that will help you stretch your creative mind.
- You won’t earn very much at all in the beginning.
- Until you have grown your portfolio, flat fee paychecks aren’t very high.
- Scaling up your income can be more complicated than other ways of making money online. You will have to spend a lot of your time writing, and there is a direct correlation between your pay and your writing time.
4. Use Your Own Courses to Make Money: Become a PPC Expert
You are already making money through PPC. It is only in your best interest to learn everything you can and master your trade. As such, you can attend Google Ads and other digital marketing courses. Once you’ve mastered your art, is that your limit? Has your earning capacity truly been reached? Absolutely not. Using and leveraging your knowledge, why not create your own PPC courses?
Courses like this are worth a lot of money because they give people the knowledge to make money themselves. You may not be able to charge the same as some of the big companies out there, but building a reputation and selling your knowledge is a great way to earn money and grow within a field.
- The more students you have, the more income you make. Once complete, your training program can bring in big dollars.
- Adding new specialties and attracting more students is an easy way to scale up your earning.
- This is a semi-passive income that can make you significant money without costing a lot of your time.
- To make good money, you will have to have built up a good reputation in the industry.
- There is an investment involved. Creating courses is not free. The higher quality you want your class, the more it will cost you to make. You will also have to promote your system to get people to enroll.
5. Develop PPC Landing Pages
One often overlooked aspect of PPC advertising is the landing page. To maximize your results, the advertisement and landing pages must complement one another. This means that there is a niche available here for you to occupy. Even if you aren’t a master web designer, you can use landing page constructors to help you out. Here are a few that can help you create a landing page:
If you are wondering how much you can make developing landing pages, you can make anywhere from $25 to $100 an hour based on the complexity of the page.
As an entrepreneur, you are always looking for new and innovative ways to generate income. Some of the tactics here take a lot of time and effort to get started but have a high earning ceiling; others take very little to get started but have a slow, gradual additive effect.
Either way, you can generate plenty of passive income by working on one or more of these tactics. It all just depends on the time you have, and how much you want to grow in your business.