Videos are one of the most engaging and impactful types of content that can provide tons of information in an easy-to-grasp manner. However, creating engaging video content is an art that only a few have mastered.
Knowing which types of videos work well and exactly how to use them for your business can definitely help you.
In this post, you will learn seven effective ways of creating engaging video content to boost conversions and expand your digital presence.
Ready to get started?
Here you go.
1. Leverage Customer Testimonials
One of the best ways to create engaging video content to boost conversions is to make a video of your customer testimonials.
You can either collate all of your best customer reviews and turn them into an engaging video or ask customers to provide short video testimonials. You can also use a chatbot to seek customer feedback and testimonials.
It need not be a long testimonial from each customer, but a collection of several small videos.
But, what next? How will this help you get more conversions?
Well, the next step is to share this testimonial video in all the right places. You can upload and cross-promote it on social media. You can also add it to your website’s homepage or product pages to provide social proof to your prospective customers.
Once they see how happy your existing customers are, they will be less hesitant to try out your products. Try this strategy to create engaging video content and you will see the difference first hand.
2. Make How-To or Tutorial Videos
How-to content and tutorials are two of the most popular types of videos on social media. These videos are useful as they provide a lot of information and actionable tips in an easy-to-grasp format.
It is easier to learn something by watching a video instead of reading about it. That is probably why so many brands create how-to and tutorial videos for their audiences.
Replicate this strategy for your business and use the following tips for creating engaging video content:
- Keep it relevant, preferably related to your products.
- Clearly show each step or provide instructions that are easy to follow.
- Use a high-quality camera to create engaging video content.
- Make sure the background lighting is good and that there is high visibility.
You can use advanced video editing software to create engaging video content. Once you make a video, post it on all your social media channels and even on your website.
Want an example?
Huda Beauty is a brand that relies heavily on creating tutorial videos for their social media content. These tutorials are done by makeup artists and use Huda Beauty products.
3. Use an Explainer Video on Your Website
This strategy on how to create engaging video content is especially useful for brands that have a new and innovative product or service. It helps you clearly communicate what your product is and how it can help prospective customers.
Create simple and engaging video content that explains the product or concept. Add this explainer video to your website so that every site visitor can easily understand your offering and make a purchase decision.
Need an example?
SpeakOn Chat has this brilliant animated explainer video right on their homepage. Their site visitors can watch it to understand the product better and assess whether or not it is the right fit for their needs.
4. Host Webinars
If you want to create engaging video content to boost conversions, you need to start hosting webinars.
Webinars are very useful for the audience as they cover relevant topics for any specific audience segment. Moreover, given the limited capacity, it creates a sense of urgency among people to reserve a spot to attend the webinar.
So, it is a really good way to generate leads and drive tons of relevant traffic to your website. And, if you end your webinars with a strong CTA and direct people to the next step, it can also help you boost conversions.
Simple, isn’t it?
Here’s what you need to do to use this strategy to your advantage:
- Understand your target audience.
- Choose a relevant topic and platform.
- Create engaging webinar content.
- Design a high-converting registration page.
- Build your email list.
- Go live and engage your audience.
- Direct them to the next step and get conversions.
You can also invite guests to your webinars to attract their audiences and win them over. Choose influencers and industry experts in your niche to ensure that they can attract the right audience for your webinar.
5. Collaborate With Influencers
Influencers are experts at social media and can help you create engaging video content to boost your conversions. Find relevant influencers in your niche and ask them to create engaging video content for your brand.
Some of the most popular types of influencer videos that you can use for your sponsored content are:
- Unboxing Videos: Influencers take a new product out of the box and share their first impressions on what they like or dislike about it.
- Reviews: A detailed review of a product or brand, including key features, benefits, use-cases, etc.
- Tutorials: Instead of creating tutorials yourself, you can ask expert influencers to do that for your brand. It involves showing the exact process for using a product that you want to promote.
You can combine this with other types of influencer-created social media content to get the most out of it. Influencers are trusted by their loyal followers and can make a significant difference in swaying their opinions about your brand.
So, collaborate with influencers to not only create engaging video content for you but also to spread awareness about your brand and get more people to try your products.
6. Go Live on Social Media
Live videos are one of the most effective types of video content that you can use. The fact that they end after a certain point creates a sense of urgency for the audience and makes them want to pay attention.
Live videos also provide you with the chance to interact with your audience in real-time. This is a great opportunity to connect with your audience, ask for feedback, answer questions, and more.
Here are some of the ways in which you can use live videos to your advantage:
- Host Q&A sessions to answer questions from your audience and solve any concerns that they may have regarding your brand or products.
- You can also host an interactive session just to let them get to know you. This will help humanize your brand by putting a face behind it.
- Conduct live interviews with influencers and industry experts to provide valuable insights to your audience and attract the influencer’s audience to your page/profile.
- Show behind-the-scenes footage from brand events or from your office showing your day-to-day work.
- Allow an influencer to take over your social media account and go live to talk to your audience.
Overall, there are a lot of ways in which you can leverage the power of live videos to your advantage. Just keep it interactive and always provide some value to your audience.
7. Leverage Social Media Stories
Social media Stories are often referred to as ephemeral content, as they disappear after a certain time and are therefore transient. Such content is extremely engaging and is quite popular on social media.
With the option to add CTA buttons, social media Stories have become extremely popular among brands and marketers. You can add one “swipe up” button and drive traffic to your site or to your social media account.
You can leverage the power of social media Stories by creating video Stories. Stories allow very short video clips, so you can create a series of video Stories as well.
But, what should you post in these video Stories?
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Announcements about new product launches or events.
- General updates about what’s going on with your brand.
- Product videos to promote your latest collections.
- Post your live videos to your social media Stories.
- Cross-promote your video posts on Stories by giving people a sneak peek.
Many people just go through their social media Stories feed quickly without even going through the posts. Stories are easy to watch and engaging.
So, if you’re not yet using Stories as part of your social media content mix, then it’s time you start doing so. Use them to engage your audience on social media and then direct them to your website to drive conversions.
Use this post as your guide for creating engaging video content that boosts conversions. These are tried and tested strategies that can improve any brand’s video strategy.
So, what are you waiting for? Start using these strategies to grow your business right now. All the best!