Fruity and bright, strawberry margarita punch will be a hit at your summer gatherings! It’s an easy batch cocktail recipe that anyone can make!
Why you’ll love it: It’s the perfect refreshing summer drink!
How long it takes: 10 minutes
Equipment you’ll need: just a pitcher and glasses!
With the classic flavors of a strawberry margarita, this sparkling punch is pretty much guaranteed to be a hit. It’s so easy to make you’ll find yourself turning to this recipe often for summer parties. Each batch makes six cocktails but you can easily double it for a crowd.
Don’t you just love the bright red strawberry garnish? It’s so festive and summery, and looks so beautiful on a sugar frosted rim! We’ve been a little obsessed with strawberries lately – strawberry shortcake, strawberry trifle, strawberry muffins… we can’t get enough!
You won’t need to hull a thousand strawberries to make this cocktail, though, because fizzy strawberry soda provides all the strawberry flavor you need.
With fresh lime juice and orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec or Cointreau, and of course, tequila, this punch includes everything you love about margaritas and more. I know you’re going to love it!
Friendly warning: It’s so fruity and delicious you may overlook the fact that it’s an alcoholic beverage. Please always drink responsibly!
About this strawberry margarita punch
What makes this cocktail a “punch” rather than a regular margarita? Strawberry soda acts both as the sweetener (traditionally simply syrup or agave) as well as the flavor (usually puréed strawberries) in this recipe. The carbonation also gives it that “punch” vibe which makes it perfect for gatherings. Additional soda can be added for a stronger strawberry flavor, but it will make the drink sweeter as well.
Some popular brands of strawberry soda are Fanta, Crush, or Sunkist but there are lots more. Choose your favorite brand of soda.
What you need
- Tequila: I use Plata but silver or white tequila is fine, too.
- Lime Juice: Lime juice keeps things bright and tart. Freshly squeezed is always best!
- Orange Liqueur: such as triple sec, curaçao, Cointreau, or Grand Marnier.
- Strawberry Soda: Adds sweetness, strawberry flavor, and carbonation (fizziness) to the punch.
- For the Rim: Simple syrup and either coarse salt or sugar. No simple syrup? Just dip the rim in lime juice or soda.
- Garnishes: Lime wedges and/or whole strawberries.
- Ice: Make sure you have lots of fresh ice!
How to make this this margarita punch your own
- Make the punch with Sprite or another flavor of fruit soda for different flavored margaritas.
- Omit the dipped rim, if desired.
- Don’t like strawberries? Try this Cranberry Margarita Recipe!
Use blanco, silver, plata, or white tequila. They are basically the same thing: made in Mexico from agave and not aged in oak. They are perfect for mixed drinks but not the best choice to drink straight.
The difference is in the alcohol: a daiquiri is made with rum and a margarita with tequila. Both can be served on the rocks or as a blended cocktail.
Well, that depends on how strong you make them! If you add 1.5 oz. to each drink (like this recipe), you’ll get 16 margaritas per 750ml bottle of tequila.
To make ahead: Combine the tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur in a pitcher, and chill. Add ice and strawberry soda just before serving.
Once the ice and soda has been added, you really need to serve the punch right away. Store leftovers in the fridge, but keep in mind, the soda will lose its fizz and the ice will water down any leftovers.
More summer cocktail recipes
Having a party? I have more cocktail ideas for you:
Fruity and bright, strawberry margarita punch will be a hit at your Cinco de Mayo party or summer gatherings! It’s an easy batch cocktail recipe that anyone can make!
- 9 ounces plata tequila (silver or white tequila is fine, too)
- 6 ounces lime juice
- 8 ounces orange liqueur (such as Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 13 ounces strawberry soda
- simple syrup for rim, optional
- salt or sugar for rim, optional
- lime wedges for garnish
- strawberries for garnish
Add ice to a large pitcher and pour in the tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, and strawberry soda and stir to combine.
Optional: Dip the rim of the glasses in simple syrup, then in either salt or sugar.
Pour the punch into the prepared cocktail glasses over ice. Serve immediately.
Garnish with lime wedges and strawberries, if desired.
- Make Ahead: Combine the tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur in the pitcher, and chill. Add ice and strawberry soda just before serving.
Serving: 1cocktail, Calories: 253kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 11mg, Potassium: 46mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 21g, Vitamin A: 14IU, Vitamin C: 9mg, Calcium: 7mg, Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.