When you want meatless tacos, try these roasted cauliflower tacos made in the air fryer, topped with Peruvian green sauce and pickled red onions.
Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
I have tons of air fryer recipes but needed a quick vegetarian taco to add to the list. These easy Roasted Cauliflower Tacos are a tasty vegetarian taco option made in the air fryer, my favorite appliance. I topped them with Peruvian green sauce, pickled onions, sour cream, and cilantro. More taco recipes you might like, Tzatziki Fish Tacos, Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos, and Vegetarian Black Bean Tacos.
How to Make Pickled Onions
If you’ve never made pickled onions, they are easier to make than you might think. You can use raw onion in the tacos if you don’t want to pickle them, but I encourage you not to skip this step – they’re so good! Plus, pickled onions will last in your refrigerator for at least two weeks, which means you can add them to salads, burgers, rice bowls, and much more.
- In a small saucepan, heat apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, and salt until it boils and the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the hot liquid over the onions and bay leaves in a heat-safe bowl.
- Let cool, transfer to a glass jar, and refrigerate overnight.
How to Air Fry Cauliflower
The air fryer (affil link) is a quick and easy way to make crispy cauliflower.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil and season with Tajin, smoked paprika, and salt.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil (make sure it’s a spray that’s “propellant- free” – I like Bertolli’s) and add the cauliflower.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway.
If you don’t have an air fryer, roast your cauliflower in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- If you don’t have Tajin, substitute it with chili powder.
- Add avocado or red cabbage for an extra veggie.
- Omit the sour cream for vegan tacos.
- If you don’t want to make Peruvian green sauce, use a store-bought salsa verde instead.
- Use corn tortillas for gluten-free tacos.
- Swap the tortilla for a lettuce wrap to make low-carb tacos.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
When you want meatless tacos, try these roasted cauliflower tacos made in the air fryer!
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Tajin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 street taco size tortillas, I used Mr Tortilla low carb
- pickled red onions, for topping (see below)
- 6 tablespoons Peruvian Green Sauce, for topping
- sour cream, optional
- cilantro, for garnish
Pickled Red Onions
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar or maple
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
In a medium bowl combine the cauliflower, olive oil, Tajin, smoked paprika and salt.
Spray the air fryer basket with oil and add the cauliflower, cook 400F 12 to 15 minutes until browned and tender, shaking the basket halfway.
For the pickled red onions
In a small saucepan heat the vinegar, water, sugar and salt until it boils and the sugar dissolves.
Transfer onions to a heat safe bowl with the bay leaves and pour liquid over the onions.
Set aside to cool then transfer to a glass jar and refrigerate overnight.
Pickled onions makes 8 servings. Onions will keep for at least 2 weeks.
Serving: 3tacos, Calories: 284kcal, Carbohydrates: 22.5g, Protein: 8.5g, Fat: 21.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: 4.5mg, Sodium: 837mg, Fiber: 6.5g, Sugar: 11.5g
Blue Smart Points: 12
Green Smart Points: 12
Purple Smart Points: 12
Keywords: tacos, vegetarian, vegetarian tacos