Twinkle has been showing interest in cooking and baking lately. So I thought it would be nice to schedule a regular baking session with her. Ykaie pretty much bakes on her own now whenever she feels like it, so it’s Twinkle that needs more of my attention and guidance. Last Friday was our very first FRIDAY BAKING WITH TWINKLE and we made this delicious Carrot Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
She was very excited when she found out that we were baking after her online distance learning! Hay naku, ipinagmamalaki pa nga sa daddy nya na magbe-bake daw sya.
And as soon as the frosting was made, we immediately frosted four of these cupcakes at kinain naming apat… hihihi. Di na kami nakapag-hintay.
Twinkle enjoyed our baking session so much that we already have something scheduled for next friday: cookies!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups finely shredded/grated carrots
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ½ cup chopped pecans + more for topping
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- candy carrots for garnish
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and preheat oven to 350ºF.
- I used a fine grater to grate the carrots manually. Set aside grated carrots.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg, set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Mix on low speed with an electric mixer for about 30 seconds, then add oil and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and half of the grated carrots. Mix on low speed for about 15 seconds.
- Turn off mixer and add the rest of the grated carrots and the chopped walnuts. Mix until carrots and walnuts are just incorporated with the batter.
- Pour batter into paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup about ¾ full and bake for 19 minutes OR until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make the Cream Cheese Frosting: Using an electric mixer whip together butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and continue mixing until smooth and fluffy.
- Frost each cupcake with the frosting and top with candy carrots, and more chopped walnuts.