Want to drop 5 kilos before summer officially starts??!! Well now is your chance!
We are so excited to have a brand new 28 Day Challenge Theme! Introducing the new Lose 5 Kilos Low Carb High Protein Meal Plan! Developed by our amazing team of nutritionists, this new meal plan will have you shedding those kilos and looking and feeling great, just in time for summer.
What is Low Carb High Protein?
Low carb, high protein has sparked the attention of many. People who follow this way of eating are losing weight, toning up and feeling great, and it’s really not as hard as it sounds!
Remember that all carbs are not bad! Carbs are essential and needed for a healthy diet, but not all carbs are created equal. The type and quality of carbohydrate you are consuming is essential when it comes to following a low carb, high protein diet.
How does it work?
Low carb, high protein focuses on eliminating refined carbohydrates (think of things like bread, pastries, pasta, white rice, potato chips, sugar, jams, lollies, ice cream, and cakes) and replacing them with good quality protein, fats and complex carbohydrates (these are things like leafy green vegetables, cauliflower, tomato, quinoa and berries).
Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy. When the amount of carbohydrate you consume is reduced, your body then turns to burning stored fat to use for energy. That’s not the only physiological thing that occurs when eating low carb, high protein… your blood sugar and insulin levels become more stable, you will be fuller for longer, your gut microbiome can improve, and your blood triglycerides may decrease.
All this results in fast weight loss, improved immune function and moods, as well as reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Facts about Protein:
- Protein is an important building block for bones, skin, muscles, organs, blood and cartilage
- Protein is essential for a healthy immune system
- Protein improves sleep quality
- Protein makes you feel fuller for longer
- Protein slows down your body’s absorption of sugars, stabilising your blood sugar levels
- Protein helps to repair and build your muscles after you exercise
- Proteins help synthesize happy hormones such as serotonin and dopamine, which can improve your mood and reduce feelings of anxiety
- Protein helps to sustain concentration and energy levels
- Our bodies need more protein during times of cell growth and repair, this includes puberty, pregnancy, lactation and after illness or surgery.
- Increasing your protein intake can help reduce sugar cravings
- Protein uses more calories to digest than fat and carbohydrates
High Protein Foods:
- Grass-fed beef
- Organic Chicken
- Wild Caught Salmon
- Black beans
- Hemp Seeds
Like the look of these?
These are our delicious Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and they are just 128 cals per serve!
And for more recipes…..
Cicily Goodwin- 35Kgs Lost
Mum of two Cicily started her journey with The Healthy Mummy in July 2016. In the first few months, she lost 20kgs by using The Healthy Mummy Smoothies twice a day and making the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meals. She lost another 35kgs over the next year.
Cicily says “I started the year at 110kgs and got to 75kg!! The lifetime goal I’ve dreamed of my whole life! “
Cicily admits that her when she started her journey it was all about weight loss but after living a healthy lifestyle it became a lot more about happiness.
Zoe Terry – 41.7Kgs Lost
Zoe shares, “July 2019 – March 2020 – 41.1kgs gone and definitely not missed! I never thought I could do it. I never thought I would enjoy it. But Healthy Mummy has made it easy and fun!
I have found that 2 smoothies, 3 snacks and a healthy main meal paired with daily exercise is what’s worked for me!”
Melissa Timmer – 37kgs Lost
The Healthy Mummy which has helped her take back control and within 18 months, she had lost a whopping 37 kg and has been maintaining her weight for three years.
Even though Melissa’s weight fluctuates up and down a little she says “I couldn’t care less because this journey is about being happy and if you feel happy in your skin, no matter how much you weigh or what size you are, that’s all that matters. “We are all different and beautiful so don’t be stuck on what scales say all the time.”
Tarryn Eames – 30Kg Lost
- From 97KGS to 67KGS
- From a size 18/20 to a size 10/12
- From lethargic to energetic
- From miserable to genuinely happy
- From hating my body to appreciating it.
“At the beginning of my journey, all I wanted was to lose weight. I never aimed to gain anything. However, all I’ve gained means more to me than the kilos that are now gone and the cms that have disappeared too. Somewhere along the way, I gained the energy to be able to play with my children and the confidence needed to do that in a public setting.
I gained many beautiful and like-minded friends. I gained confidence. I gained strength both physically and mentally. I gained self-love. I gained knowledge about nutrition and exercise. But most importantly I gained happiness.”
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for access to ALL the recipes and workout programs
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.