This beyond-easy cherry limeade is going to become your new favorite summer drink! It is beautiful, tart, and refreshing!
A refreshing homemade drink is the best way to beat the summer heat. Watermelon agua fresca, strawberry lemonade, and copycat chick-fil-a lemonade are more easy and delicious drinks ready to quench your thirst!
The Easiest Cherry Limeade Recipe
We’re currently going through the dog days of summer here in Utah. Cold, refreshing drinks have been the only way to survive! I’m always on the hunt for easy and delicious drinks that will satisfy my family with these long, hot days and this cherry limeade does that with ease! What is better than the sweet and tart combination of cherry and lime? This tastes just like a limeade from Sonic! You just don’t have to leave your house to get it- and only 3 simple ingredients are needed to put it together! You are going to love the way this quenches your thirst with its juicy, bubbly flavors. Your family will love it, too! It is the perfect drink to have on hand for thirsty kids.
This cherry limeade is also a great party drink. It can easily be doubled or tripled to quench thirst at large gatherings. It tastes so amazing, no one will ever suspect it only took Sprite, canned cherries, and lime juice to make! Not to mention, it creates the most beautiful reddish-pink color when you mix these ingredients up. It looks as good as it tastes! And, adding a little mint garnish and lime slices can take a super easy drink and make it look lavish. Whether it is for a party or just a little bit of midday refreshment, this Sonic copycat cherry limeade is an amazing staple. I know you are going to love it as much as I do!
Simple Cherry Limeade Ingredients
3 inexpensive ingredients are all it takes to put this tasty limeade together! You can easily substitute these ingredients as well and add in additional flavors until you have crafted the limeade of your dreams!
- Lemon Lime Soda: This is the base of your limeade. I use Sprite here, but any type of lemon lime soda will do!
- Maraschino Cherries: No cherry syrup necessary in this recipe, we simply use the juice of canned maraschino cherries! This is going to give your limeade its perfect
- Lime Juice: Adding in lime juice is a necessity for achieving that perfect citrus taste. I like to use fresh limes for best flavor, but bottled lime juice will work as well!
- Lime Slices: I add in lime slices for a pretty garnish and to infuse flavor while it sits.
How To Make Cherry Limeade
This refreshing drink is as easy as it gets. Mix everything together, and voila, you have a delicious, juicy drink bursting with flavor! You can’t go wrong with these easy steps. It is so simple, even kids can whip it up with no problem!
- Mix Ingredients Together: In a large pitcher add the soda, cherries with juice, and lime juice. Mix together until incorporated.
- Garnish: To finish, add lime slices and ice and serve.
Tips for Making Cherry Limeade
This versatile drink can easily be customized to match your tastes. Use these easy tips to craft yours!
- Picking Limes: Limes that are slightly yellow tend to be less sour than limes that are completely green. Pick limes that are heavy and slightly soft to the touch. This usually means they will have more juice content.
- Preparing Limes: First, roll your limes on the counter, pressing firmly. Doing this before slicing can help to soften the flesh of the lime and release juices.
- Adjusting Flavor: Getting the perfect limeade flavor takes a bit of trial and error. If you test your limeade and find that it is too sour, you can stir in a bit of sugar, simple syrup, or honey until you reach your desired result. If your limeade becomes too sweet, add more lime juice.
- Add Lime Zest: For an extra aromatic pop of flavor, add lime zest to your cherry limeade.
- Soda Water: If you want your limeade to be less sweet but you still want carbonation, use soda water instead of lemon lime soda. This also works as a great base for a mojito.
- Other Flavors: You can add other syrups or fruit to your limeade for flavor variety. Adding fresh summer fruits like watermelon or strawberry tastes amazing. You could also add some rich berry flavor with homemade blueberry syrup!
Storing Leftover Cherry Limeade
Because this version of cherry limeade is made with soda, it doesn’t keep long. Consume within 4 days or before the soda becomes flat.
- In the Refrigerator: This recipe is best served cold. Keep your pitcher in the fridge until ready to drink!
Calories221kcal (11%)Carbohydrates57g (19%)Protein1g (2%)Fat1g (2%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat1gSodium51mg (2%)Potassium76mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar52g (58%)Vitamin A30IU (1%)Vitamin C18mg (22%)Calcium18mg (2%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.