Wow, here is Mum Kat sharing exactly what is possible when we put our minds to it!! After properly committing to healthy choices from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, in just two short weeks she has lost 2.6kgs and is feeling amazing!
“I am craving healthy food again instead of takeaway or chocolate. My energy has increased and I am feeling more confident with each day.”
Kat Hawthorne is 37 years old with a 14 month old little girl and shares that prior to her pregnancy enjoyed her fitness and loved doing weights and Crossfit. She found her pregnancy energy zapping and found it really hard to exercise.
She says, “I put on over 20kgs while pregnant and even though I was told that it would fall off when breastfeeding, unfortunately for me it didn’t. I was increasing calories to boost milk and seemed to be putting on the weight even more. I got back into the gym after about 8 months but hadn’t committed to healthy eating again.”
Determined to get on top of her health and weight loss goals, Kat joined The Healthy Mummy just a month ago, but admits it took her a couple of weeks to get going.
“But I’m so glad I did!!”
“In two weeks I lost 2.6kg!! I am craving healthy food again instead of takeaway or chocolate. My energy has increased and I am feeling more confident with each day.”
Kat admits to being a bit of a picky eater, so utilized one of the awesome Healthy Mummy App features and customised her own meal plan from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
“I personally love the budget beef stew, cheesy chicken meatloaf and weetbix slice. Even my husband is enjoying the meals”
“I am not much of a smoothie girl, but I swap out one snack for the day with either the chocolate premium or vanilla tummy smoothie shake just made with water.”
Kat has found recording her calories for the day really helps with keeping her on track, along with exercising and fitting in a 5 k walk where she can. But she’s not missing out on her favourite treats either.
“I still allow myself a coffee or iced coffee and have enjoyed a wine or two. I just make sure I record it in my calories for the day.”
Kat’s three tips for success
1. Start today! Stop putting it off.
2. Don’t let one bad day of either eating over your calories or not exercising put you off the rest of the week….just get straight back into it tomorrow.
3. Recording calories really helps with mindful eating and helps to start healthy eating habits.
“My motivation is to not just look good and feel good but to set a good example for my daughter…. And keep up with her!”
Join Kat on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.