Burritos are fun, versatile, and easy to make. A single burrito is enough for a whole meal and works for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
What You Need
Fried Egg Burrito Ingredients
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 can low sodium black beans, drained (not rinsed)
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked rice (leftovers work great for this meal and saves time)
- 1 tortilla or burrito wrap (suggested: look for 4g or more of fiber per serving)
- 2 eggs, fried (or cooked however you like them)
- Plum tomatoes, diced
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Avocado (optional)
1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
2 Tbsp water
- In a skillet on medium heat, soften garlic and onions for 3 minutes. I use a splash of water in place of oil or butter.
- Add black beans. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, prepare your eggs the way you like them.
- For the sauce combine yogurt + hot sauce + water.
- Assemble the burrito with a spoonful of rice, a spoonful of black bean mixture, a handful of tomatoes, eggs, basil, sauce.
Natalie is a M.S. in Nutrition & Performance candidate; anticipated completion December 2021. She is a level 2 Precision Nutrition coach and holds a B.S. in Health Sciences. Natalie has helped hundreds of clients simplify nutrition and reach their goals since she joined the Born Fitness team in 2017.
Set your Author Custom HTML Tab Content on your Profile page